Poem for You & about You

Posted on: Sunday, April 25, 2010
Posted at: 6:33 PM
Posted by: Geng Hao
Hey, it's been really, really long since I've posted. But I hope all of you are still visiting and doing fine...

A few days ago, Hui Jie & I came up with this idea of collaborating to write a poem about God - and it worked out pretty well! We've just completed our work, actually. I hope you'll enjoy it:

I will ride on Your wings, and let the strength of your flight bring me through all things
Lifting me up without a worry, for it's for freedom that You set me free
Through the fog we'll fly, through the deserts we'll pass, for I know that Your kingdom will come to last
So let me follow You for all my days, reassured that You'll light the way.

I'll conquer the valleys and I'll scale the mountains, with you I'll be the rightful champion
My sanctuary's found in Your heavenly arms, for it's my only eternal calm
Even when my faith has wavered and I'm fallen from grace, it's Your name I'll always embrace
For You know my every thought and my very soul, in You I'll always grow.

You are the Way, the Truth and the Life, in You my love never subsides
In times of lack, and when I'm deprived, I won't worry 'cause it's You who provides
Use me as Your vessel, and rest assured it'll never be hollow
For Lord, You are the captain of my ship; wherever you steer, I will always follow.

For every verse, we contributed two lines each. But if you're going to question who wrote which line, well... we'll leave it to you to do the guessing.

Thank God we've managed to complete this (awesome) poem! For He is greatly to be praised. :)

Over and out!